Distracted Driving Initiative
National Auto Body Council members have the opportunity to save lives by hosting public awareness events that address one of the leading causes of traffic collisions today – texting and other forms of distracted driving.
Those of us in the collision industry know all too well the physical and emotional impact from car accidents. That is why NABC members are in the unique position of taking the leadership role in local communities across the country to educate and urge drivers of all ages to personally pledge not to use their phones while driving.
A few of the alarming statistics about distracted driving behavior by drivers of all ages:
- 1 out of 4 car accidents in the US are caused by texting while driving
- Text messaging makes a crash up to 23x more likely .
- 94% of young drivers say they understand the consequences of texting and driving.
- 35% of them admit that they do it anyway.
Distracted Driving Awareness Toolkit
For many people, all these statistics are just numbers. When polled, too many drivers say they are confident they can safely text while driving.
That’s why NABC in partnership with AT&T’s It Can Wait campaign has produced a Distracted Driving Awareness Toolkit that provides users with a virtual reality experience to illustrate the impact of texting while driving.
The Toolkit includes all the necessary tools for NABC members to host and present distracted driving awareness events to various audiences:
- Set of virtual reality goggles.
- Set of headphones
- Ready-to-go Distracted Driving presentation that educates, engages and encourages the audience to make a pledge not to text and drive.
- A facilitator’s guide with instructions and suggestions for a successful event presentation.
Make plans today to host awareness events in your community! Your efforts can and will save lives. Click the button below to get started.